Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Bee's Knees!

I am really not a bee, but I have major issues with my knees.
Tomorrow I will have a total knee replacement surgery on my left knee.
Image result for Knee replacement
This is what it will look like.
I have prayed.
I have asked many others to pray.
I have visited with both the orthopedist and the Orthopedic PA and I believe that this is the best decision.
After years of favoring my left knee, my right knee is beginning to show problems as well.  It seems that in view of our plans to transition to Malawi Africa it is best to be sure I am leaving for the field in the best possible physical condition. So this is the plan.
In the midst of other preparations this has been a big decision and distraction. Considering my person will change forever tomorrow I feel calm today.
There are many things that Ted and I need to do but we are hoping this is not the one thing that determines our departure time.
I am going to be reading and listening to lessons and working on sedentary tasks for a few weeks but I am feeling good about most things.
Hopefully in a few weeks I will back at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment