Thursday, May 30, 2013

CRISIS AVERTED

CRISIS AVERTED!
That is a dramatic title but this time it's true.
My Dr. decided that Malarone was the best malaria prophalactic to take while in Ethiopia.
Hadn't taken this before. Last time it was a once a week pill.
You start taking it 1 - 2 days prior to exposure. I will reach the exposure area late Saturday night and that is in Addis Ababa so not much risk but I still decided today was the day to start.
I am so very thankful I did take one today. My late afternoon I wasn't feeling just right and than I started to feel flushed and tingly and than I looked pretty much like I had a bad sunburn.
Long story shortened I am allergic to this drug. So . . .
I am VERY thankful the I know the Martin's because one call to their house got me a new prescription for a new drug and I can still leave on time tomorrow morning and see Emily and Andrew before I take off. I am also convinced right now that Benedryl is a wonderful thing.
On a brighter note I am pretty much packed and my bags are underweight limits so I can still stick in a few goodies, such as American peanut butter and some construction paper. I have time to look at a few details yet. Life is good; God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your travel. I HATE those long flights alone so I am praying you can sleep and arrive somewhat alert! I also pray you will have some interesting and fun "seat partners" on the way. So glad your got the new med and hope it is working ok.

    ReplyDelete