Monday, July 16, 2018

Sometimes It's hard to do everything or anything at all

4 days, just 4 days, that is how long I will live in my home now.
Wow. I can't even wrap my mind around this idea.

Our past few weeks have been a bit much.
We traveled from Ontario home via McHenry, IL and my sister's home.
The next weekend we were to go to a family weekend in Minneapolis, St.Paul, area of MN.
This was to be a refreshing break. Honestly it was in many ways but it was tainted with a great deal of sorrow as well.

My daughters and I planned to go to Newsies at the Chanhassen. Always a treat for us. My dear friend Chris was going to join us. Saturday we planned to attend a Twin's baseball game and join my friend and her mom for supper at her mom's apartment. She would cook for us. She went grocery shopping after work on Thursday and got groceries for her mom and our dinner that weekend. While bringing these groceries into her mom's place, she collapsed on the floor and died. She was but 55. Younger then I am.

Now there a lot of things that are good. She was a wonderful Christ follower. I know she is with Jesus. She is healthy again. I have been inspired by the strength and faith of her mother. My whole family was able to spend some quality time with her mom. We attended her funeral on this past Wed. I was able to spend some time with friends and to celebrate the good things in her life and catch up with what was going on in these friends lives.

However back at my Bismarck home I now was two days further behind. Now that is hard but because of this I now have to work hard but also have to ask for the help of others. I think this is good. I have been blessed because there are people in my life who want to reach out and help us.

So I am here at home working on homework tonight, having gone through reams more things through out my house today with the help of a good friend and later in the day my sister in law and tonight a visit from good friends here to pick up some random items that they wanted from my house and bring us a treat from our local Dairy Queen.

I need breaks now, I need cheerleaders egging me on to get the job done, and I need time with God to refresh my spirit. With a little help from God and my friends and family I am getting things done steadily even though it's pretty hard this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment