Thursday, May 29, 2014

God is Good Everywhere

In the movie "God's not Dead" the pastor and his missionary friend repeat "God is good, all the time" "All the time God is good" frequently and it turns out they are placed in the right place at the right time near the movies end which makes the phrase ring true.
Well I am convinced that Good is good everywhere today. Yesterday I had moments of discouragement, that inevitably happens in new places when really not that much is familiar or comfortable.
I took myself back to the guest house around 9:50 after spending a couple of hours repairing books in the primary library. I wondered what I was doing here doing such mundane, routine tasks that anyone could do. I started my bible app on my kindle and lo and behold the reading was from Micah. Did not feel inspired by that thought but I read and God is here. Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.
Feeling refreshed I took myself back up to school to work with the first of my assigned reading partners. This is a job I love and today when I am in the library taping books I will remember my job here is to walk humbly.
On an added note I had an email from Emily last evening saying she was praying specifically that we would be humble and willing servants here. While some would say oh a coincidence I would say God is good. All the time and everywhere. Everywhere and all the time God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment