Thursday, July 14, 2016

 This is a beautiful sunset from the Rafiki Village Malawi. We have gorgeous sunsets nearly every night here.
This picture is one of the teachers. The young children have shaved heads or at least very closely cut.
Once they reach standard 7 or 7th grade they are allowed to grow their hair and most have it braided similar to this as soon as it is long enough. They braid one anothers hair and do a fine job.

Days here are busy, but a lot is being accomplished in the libraries and I am getting to know the children here. On Saturday I will spend some extended time with the kids doing some crafty things.
Likely we will make some friendship bracelets.
Today it rained in the morning this has been typical and then it is sunny and warmer in the afternoon and cools rapidly in the evening.
I have made a decision that when I come to the guest house after school that is when I will shower as it is the warmest time of the day. I generally work well into the evening.
I would have to say I do love Malawi

No comments:

Post a Comment