Sunday, July 3, 2016

On the road again

Not at my cleverest in writing titles tonight. However I am resurrecting this blog to add thoughts and experiences from my upcoming trip to Rafiki Village Malawi, near Mzuzu Malawi.
Tomorrow is July 4 and there will be no visit to a local fireworks display instead I will drive from Bismarck to Minneapolis, St. Paul by way of Staples MN. My daughter Emily will take me to the airport around 4 am Tuesday. I will arrive in Mzuzu about 7 PM local time there on July 6th having spent about 46 hours in and around airplanes, airport and in a transit vehicle.
Right now that is about what my adventuresome spirit can absorb about the next several days.

I will be on the ground in Malawi about 6 weeks and hope to accomplish much in that time span.
There are 100 resident orphaned children in the Rafiki village and they also provide education and 2 meals a day to some 130 area students on weekdays.

Hopefully I will organize and stream line some libraries and do some tutoring and teaching of all subjects and crafts and drama as well.

Looking forward to seeing new country and meeting some special children and hopefully leaving good things behind when I depart for home.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment